Lower Back Pain Relief
Lower back pain is an incredibly common problem, and it can stem from a variety of issues. People with back pain may be dealing with an injury, underlying condition, or the effects of repetitive movements or sedentarism. Fortunately, there are many stretches that can help with lower back pain, regardless of the source. (1)
Lower back pain can also be related to tightness in the hips, particularly the hip flexors. This group of muscles connects your hips with your thigh bones and groin. Their job is to stabilize your lower spine, and they provide mobility for activities that involve bending your torso forward at the hip or lifting your knee or leg up toward your torso. This makes the hip flexors essential for daily activities like walking, balancing, climbing stairs, and maintaining proper posture. (2, 3)
Hip flexors need to be stretched daily because they become tight so easily, whether you’re sedentary or have an active lifestyle. When your hip flexors are tight, it can lead to imbalances and pain in the lower back. (2, 3)
Keep reading to learn how to stretch your hip flexors to relieve lower back pain!
Relieve Back Pain with These 3 Stretches
Perform these stretches once or twice per day to release tight hip flexors and relieve your back pain. If you have an injury or underlying condition, consult your doctor before trying new stretches or exercises. Be gentle with your body and avoid pushing a stretch too far, which could result in injury. (1)
Seated Figure Four
- Sit on a chair with your feet flat on the floor in front of you so that your knees are bent at a 90 degree angle.
- Keep your left foot flat on the floor, and cross your right ankle over your left thigh, just above the knee. You can try to gently press your right knee down using the strength of your hip flexors to bring your right calf parallel to the floor.
- Sit tall with a straight spine, and draw your shoulder blades together to open your chest. Gently rest your hands on your thighs. Hinge forward at your hips until you feel a stretch in your right hip. If you feel any pinching or pain, back off until there is just a stretching sensation. Hold this stretch for 15 to 30 seconds before sitting back up.
- Repeat on the other side. (2)
- While seated on the floor, bring the soles of your feet together in front of you so that your knees open to each side.
- Sit tall with a straight spine, and engage your abs. Draw your shoulder blades together to open your chest. Rest your hands on your ankles, and lean forward at your hips until you feel a stretch through your hips and lower back. If you feel any pinching or pain, back off until there is just a stretching sensation.
- If you would like to deepen this stretch, you can walk your hands and forearms forward onto the floor in front of your legs. Hold this stretch for 15 to 30 seconds before slowly sitting back up. (4)
- Begin in downward-facing dog.
- Bend your right knee and place it next to your right wrist, allowing your shin to rest on the ground. Your shin does not need to be perpendicular to your knee; it is okay for it to rest at a different angle, which will depend on your flexibility.
- Bring your left knee down to the mat and slide your left leg back as far as you can while keeping your hips square.
- Walk your hands back in line with your hips, sitting tall through your torso. Draw your shoulder blades together to open your chest.
- Walk your hands back forward, folding your torso over your right leg. Lower yourself onto your forearms, and bring your forehead either down to the mat or onto your stacked hands.
- Hold this stretch for about a minute, then repeat on the other side.
8 Movements for Back Pain
While stretching is an amazing way to soothe back pain in the moment, anyone who struggles with discomfort on a daily basis is looking for a long-term solution. If you’ve had back pain for a long time, you may have already seen doctors and tried medications, injections, or even surgery.
Those solutions can be costly and time-consuming with all of the driving back and forth to appointments and picking up prescriptions. Maybe you’ve even gone the chiropractor route and committed to weekly appointments just to get a little relief.
What if I told you that there was a much simpler, less expensive solution to your back pain that you can access in your own home? No more appointments, no more medications, no more fingers crossed in the hope that this thing will be the solution to your suffering?
I’m guessing that you might feel some relief and hope at the possibility of your back pain disappearing for good.
Here’s the thing – to get rid of your back pain, you have to deal with it at the source. For most people, the root cause of back pain is muscle imbalances.
Back Pain Relief 4 Life has found a way to systematically address these muscle imbalances through eight simple movements. The movements work to wake up certain muscles and restore muscle balance. This opens pathways so vital oxygen and nutrition can get in and help you heal.
There are so many advantages to this program. The first is that you can do these movements anywhere! All you need is a place to lie down, a pillow or blanket to put under your head, and a chair. You don’t need any expensive equipment. And you can do the movements every day, whether you’re at home, work, or traveling.
Another advantage is that doing the eight movements doesn’t take much time. You just need 20 minutes a day, which most people can easily carve out in their schedule. When you think about how much time it takes to drive back and forth from appointments, those 20 minutes are nothing!
And these movements work quickly! For many people, just two or three 20-minute sessions are all it takes to start becoming pain-free. Those few sessions put you on the road to restore the body’s natural functional movement and muscle balance so you can heal naturally.
Finally, Back Pain Relief 4 Life’s program is inexpensive and cost-effective. Doctor’s appointments, medications, injections, and surgeries start to add up. But you only need to pay for this program once to use it for the rest of your life and find long-term relief for your back pain.
When you purchase Back Pain Relief 4 Life, you get:
- Back Pain Relief 4 Life Core Videos DVD
- Bonus: 10 Targeted Coaching Video Sessions For Back Pain Relief
- Bonus: Free One on One Coaching
- Bonus: The “Begin Your Day” Video Program
- Extra Bonus: Quick Follow Along Videos With Music
- Extra Bonus: Instant Access To The Videos Online
For just $67, you get all of that, and a solid start on the road to recovery. And when you live every day in pain, you know how priceless an effective solution is.
So what are you waiting for? If you’re suffering from chronic back pain, the time is now! Learn Back Pain Relief 4 Life’s eight simple movements and start living free from back pain.