Weight Loss

These Tips Will Motivate You to Lose That Extra Weight

It can be hard to start and stick to a healthy weight loss plan. People sometimes lack the motivation to get started or to keep going. But the best way to stay consistent is not through motivation or feelings. It’s through a foolproof plan you can follow even if you don’t feel like it. Here’s how you can plan your brand-new weight loss regime.

Set Achievable Goals

Many diets and diet products claim quick and easy weight loss, but most health professionals recommend only losing 1–2 pounds per week. Having unattainable goals can lead to frustration and cause you to give up. On the other hand, setting and accomplishing achievable goals leads to a sense of accomplishment. People who reach their self-determined weight loss goals are also more likely to maintain their weight loss long-term.

Focus on the Process

Many people trying to lose weight only set outcome goals or goals they want to achieve in the end. An outcome goal would be your final target weight. However, focusing only on outcome goals can be discouraging and overwhelm you, especially if your goal is unrealistic.

Instead, figure out the process. By that, we mean finding the right exercises that target the body parts you want to experience weight loss in.

Choose a Plan That Suits Your Lifestyle

Find a weight loss plan that you can stick to and avoid strategies that would be difficult to follow in the long term. Most diets are based on cutting calories. Reducing calorie intake will lead to weight loss, but dieting has been a predictor of future weight gain. Instead, consider creating your custom plan. 

The following dietary habits are effective for weight loss:

  • Reduce calorie intake.
  • Decrease portion sizes.
  • Decrease the frequency of snacks.
  • Decrease fried food and desserts.
  • Add fruits and vegetables to your meals.

Working out is only 20 percent of your overall fitness routine. If you don’t fix your diet, which comprises the remaining 80 percent, you won’t get the desired results.

Track Weight Loss Progress

Research shows that people who track their food intake are more likely to lose weight and keep it off because they see the results and are encouraged to move forward. To get the most from your food journal, you must write down everything you eat, including meals, snacks, and the piece of candy you ate off your coworker’s desk.

You can also record your emotions in your food journal. This can help you identify specific triggers for overeating and find healthier ways to cope.

Celebrate Your Successes

Weight loss is hard, so celebrate your successes to keep yourself motivated.

Give yourself some credit when you accomplish a goal. Social media or weight loss sites with community pages are great places to share your successes and get support. When you feel proud of yourself, you will increase your motivation.

The following are some excellent examples of rewards:

  • Getting a manicure.
  • Going to a movie.
  • Buying a new running top.
  • Taking a cooking class.

We don’t recommend going on a binge-eating spree as that could reignite unhealthy habits.

Celebrate behavior changes, too, and not just weight changes.


If you want to achieve weight loss in a customized manner, reach out to Rhythmic Health today! Check our website for discounted items and sign up for our newsletter for exclusive content!

Related Articles: